Head of Operations
We are looking for a Head of Operations to work closely in supporting the day to day running of the business, whilst supporting the Sales and Marketing departments in driving more sales.
You will give a welcoming, efficient, knowledgeable and friendly service to Sherlock: The Game is Now. You will lead the Operations Team in the provision of high-quality service across the venue and any third party suppliers in terms of contact centre, at the ticket desks and online and will personally manage and support the team during VIP and special event evenings, being a constant visible presence for Sherlock: The Game is Now’s team.
You will have a passion for providing and promoting an excellent experience for visitors and a proven track record of managing costs, supporting sales and increasing standards. You will have extensive experience of venue ticketing operations and related systems and strong financial analytical skills with the ability to present to senior management level. Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential, but familiarity with ticketing platforms is desirable.
We welcome applications from everyone.
- To support the Managing Director in running a world class ticketing service to Sherlock: The Game is Now and its affiliate venues
- To provide a welcoming, efficient, knowledgeable and friendly service, promoting Sherlock: The Game is Now, its activities and events
- To be the first point of contact with Sherlock: The Game is Now and its audience, providing world class customer service
- To commercially support the sales and marketing team by engaging our audience through target driven ticket, merchandise and membership sales across the team.
- To maintain excellent relationships with third parties.
- To ensure accurate and compliant data collection in line with Sherlock: The Game is Now’s data protection policy.
- Lead the Operations Team in the provision of high-quality service across the experience and customer service, on the phone and online • Ensure staffing levels across the team are in line with predicted activity and appropriate management cover is in place to provide support for the team
- To personally manage and support the team during VIP and Familiarisation Trip events, being a constant visible presence for Sherlock: The Game is Now’s team
- Support initiatives and ensure targets are met or exceeded. Support in establishing new ways of cross-selling and up-selling for membership and ticketing
- Ensure that all relevant information regarding on-sales as well as current and future Sherlock: The Game is Now activity is communicated accurately and appropriately across the business
- Establish and maintain excellent operating standards across the team and provide advice and support on all aspects of ticket sales and operations for internal and external partners via inventory management
- Oversee and manage the Customer Relations element of the business ensuring all feedback is accurately delivered to all relevant stakeholders, constantly updating the Sherlock: The Game is Now’s customer relations policy in line with new procedures, laws and technology
- Be the access ambassador for the Operations team, always striving to put our customers at the centre of all Sherlock: The Game is Now ticketed activity.
- Finding efficiencies across the business to reduce costs without impacting experience (for example, gas, electric, new ways of working, and staffing)
- Management of the bar and its team – including monitoring of respective costs for ingredients, and staff management Customer Relations
- Ensure the team provide a consistently high level of service and warm welcome to all bookers and visitors
- Ensure escalated queries are dealt with effectively, monitor all communications channels used by visitors and bookers and facilitate prompt and helpful responses
- Ensure technologies used by the Sales and Marketing teams deliver to their full potential and identify opportunities to improve productivity and service to visitors
- To constantly review and update procedure in line with new law
- To provide weekly and monthly customer relations reports.
- Manage, develop and motivate a team of Duty Managers, Team Leaders and Front of House and Back of House staff - ensure they are confident in the use of the respective technologies that are required
- Ensure the Operations Team are fully briefed on all associated business continuity plans
- To endure the team are trained in all areas to provide a first-class service to all Sherlock: The Game is Now visitors
- Ensure the Duty Managers and Team Leaders develop and deliver a thorough induction and on-going training programme for the Hosts to ensure a comprehensive knowledge of Sherlock: The Game is Now events and activities
- Manage the team to ensure that all customer feedback and complaints (via email, phone, social media and online) are responded to within agreed service standards
- Identifying key training opportunities within in the team and communicating with HR to ensure these are delivered when necessary
- Providing team management support to the Duty Managers and Team Leaders
- Ensure back-office and specialist ticketing functions such as despatch, group sales, education sales, agency ticketing sales and guest ticketing are appropriately supported and managed post sale
- To ensure that staff welfare is always a focal point for our team.
- Plan appropriate management cover of ticket desks, being a front facing manager and working during busy weekends, school holidays and VIP/Opening nights • Ensuring staff wages do not exceed budgeted spend each month
- Ensure continuous management presence and adequate staffing levels in the venue
- Create a weekly and monthly reporting system for the main areas of your role, Customer Relations reports, Contact Centre and Staffing KPI reports.
Sales and Marketing
- Supporting sales and marketing in driving secondary spend as and where required
- Delivering market-leading customer experience to drive Word of Mouth of the attraction General Operations
- Monitor data protection procedure, cash and card handling practices and PCI compliance in the Operations team, ensuring compliance with all guidelines and Sherlock: The Game is Now business rules, facilitating related training requirements
- Creating solutions to business challenges, for example, but not limited to: routings around the game, entry/exit of the experience, entry/exit of the bar, new product development
- Monitor all amends and ensure customer communications are sent out for all appropriate changes as advised by Sherlock: The Game is Now's amend process
- Leading on all recruitment within your team. Any other duties as required by the Managing Director. The Head of Operations will work 5 days out of 7, including weekend and evening shifts.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an agile, quick thinker – who can work out problems to solutions and adhere to tight timelines without impacting experience for the end consumer
- Passion for providing and promoting an excellent experience for visitors
- Extensive experience of venue ticketing operations and related systems
- Experience managing and developing a large dynamic team in a visitor focused operation
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to identify trends in service provision to customers and other stakeholders
- Proven track record of increasing revenue/sales and standards
- Ability to establish tangible measures (KPIs) and develop associated reporting processes
- Proven experience of preparing and presenting comprehensive reporting on all aspects of a complex ticketing operation to senior management level
- Strong financial analytical skills with the ability to present to senior management level
- Ability to plan the delivery of a consistently high level of service whilst accommodating high and often inconsistent levels of activity
- Strong leader and problem solver, always keen to lead by example
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Personable and enthusiastic
- Excellent attention to detail
- Experience of managing varied staff welfare issues
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of working with corporate clients and event management
- Experience of working with ticket agencies
- Familiarity with digital communications channels and social media
- Experience of using Google applications.
In return for your work as an amazing Head of Operations, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Full induction and ongoing training
- Heavily discounted tickets to the experience for your friends and family
- 40% discount on food & drinks at our bar
- The chance to work in one of the city’s coolest venues with an amazing team
You have to be eligible to work in the UK. To apply, send your CV and covering letter with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 13th of December 2019.